“We/us” Means Sports Travel Guru Ltd
“The Event” Means any holiday, accommodation, activity or function organised or advertised by us.
“You” Means the person who has signed the booking form (over the age of 18) and includes all the people on whose behalf you have signed.
“Supplier” Means the company or person that is holding or providing the event or any part of it.
“Price” Means the total cost of the event.
“Days” Means working days (Monday – Friday 9am to 5pm GMT)
“Force Majeure” Means any circumstances which are unusual and/or unforeseeable which are beyond the control of Sports Travel Guru Ltd, the consequence of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised, including (but not limited to) war or threat of war; riot; civil strife; hostilities; political unrest; government action; industrial dispute; natural or other disaster; nuclear incident; terrorist activity; weather conditions; closure of airports; fire; flood; drought; re-scheduling or cancellation of flights or alteration of the airline or aircraft type by an airline and technical problems with transportation and all similar events outside our control.
1. Terms and Conditions These terms and conditions govern the contract between you and us to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions save for those implied by law, and no variation to these terms and conditions shall be valid unless in writing and signed by you and the company director.
2. Formation of Contract No contract shall arise between you and us until we have received the full payment for you trip and we have sent to you written confirmation (This can be in the form of an email) of our acceptance of your booking.
3. Lead Name The lead name on any booking with us accepts the full responsibility of collecting the full balance payable for the booking and indemnifies Sports Travel Guru Ltd against any loss from any individual failing to pay within your group. The lead name of the group is also responsible for ensuring that all group members are aware they are bound by our terms and conditions. The lead name is also responsible for the completion of the online guest list on behalf of all persons on the booking. It is understood that those booking via email or telephone agree to, and accept our terms and conditions.
4. Payment & Deposits Full payments are payable at the time of booking. Payments can be made with a valid Credit Card or Debit Card made payable to Sports Travel Guru Ltd where upon receipt we will endeavour to place the booking for you at the same price, although this cannot be guaranteed. We will however notify you should there be an increase in price. All Credit & Debit cards are subject to a 2.75% (credit charge) and 0.75% (debit charge) surcharge to the total cost of each transaction. If you have a voucher from Sports Travel Guru Ltd only one can be used per booking.
5. Cancellation by Us We may cancel the event or any part of it: for safety reasons if we or our supplier(s) regard adverse weather conditions or other safety concerns as unacceptable and which cannot reasonably be overcome; If we reasonably believe that you may cause harm or damage to our reputation or to the reputation of our suppliers or to property belonging to our suppliers; If a supplier or suppliers are unable to host the event for any reason; If changes you wish to make to the booking mean it is uneconomical or impractical to hold the event. If we cancel the whole of the event we shall use our best endeavours to rearrange the event on a mutually convenient date, or provide a refund to you of the cost to us of the event. Save as above we shall be under no further liability to you for cancellation of the event or any part of it.
Occasionally we may need to make a major change to your booking or cancel and we will notify as soon as possible. For example a major change may constitute change of accommodation, departure location, arrival destination. In these circumstances we will offer you the following options; acceptance of changes, we will endeavour to find alternative options of equivalent quality and value. Alternative options of your approval if these are less than the original price we will refund you the difference; if it is greater then there will an additional charge to you. If we are unable to reach an agreement with you on proposed changes we will refund all monies paid to us by you.
Due to the unpredictability of Force Majeure events we shall not be liable for any changes either before departure or during the holiday, which in our opinion are necessary to protect your safety. In this event, we will offer you suitable alternative arrangements, or, if you do not travel, return the monies you have paid us but we will not pay you compensation.
7.Changes to your booking
If, after our confirmation invoice has been issued, you wish to change your travel arrangements in any way, we will do our utmost to make these changes, but it may not always be possible. Any request for changes to be made must be from the ‘lead name’ on the booking or your Travel Agent. You will be asked to pay an administration charge of £5 per person and any further cost we incur in making this alteration.
8.Cancellation by You
You may cancel your booking within a period of 90 days prior to travel and will endeavour to give you a full refund of the monies paid to us. Since we incur costs for cancellations you will have to pay any costs incurred by the cancellation and this will be deducted from your full refund. This amount will be clearly communicated to you on confirmation of cancellation. Please be aware the cancellation costs incurred will increase significantly the closer to the departure date the cancellation occurs.
(note – if the reason for your cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges from your insurance company)
All cancellations must be made in writing (email confirmation accepted) from the lead name on the booking. Please be aware the cancellation is only deemed accepted on receipt of the cancellation notification received by us.
9. Failure to Provide an Event If, due to reasons beyond our control, an event is unable to take place due to (but without limitation); closure of premises, the ceases of trading, a change in supplier management, weather restrictions, we will provide you and your group with an alternative event and if this is does not prove possible, a refund to you of the cost to us of the event.
Under EU Law, you have rights in some circumstances to refunds and/or compensation from the airline in cases of denied boarding, cancellation or delay to flights. Full details of these rights will be publicised at EU airports and will also be available from airlines. Reimbursement in such cases is the responsibility of the airline and will not automatically entitle you to a refund of your holiday price from us. Your rights to a refund and/or compensation from us are set out in clause 8.
If you are delayed for a reason other than Force Majeure and in respect of the main flights included in your Holiday, it is the responsibility/ discretion of the airline to provide suitable refreshments and accommodation deemed reasonable for the period of delay.
11.Meals Breakfast is not included with accommodation bookings unless otherwise stated. The type of breakfast you will receive will be confirmed upon arrival at your accommodation (this may be hot or cold regardless of your quotation). Restaurant meals may require a pre-order to be completed by the lead name of the group. This should be completed and returned to us, or the venue as required. If a pre-order has not been completed, we accept no liability for meals not provided or delays in providing the meals for you. You will not automatically be sent any menus and menus may be of limited choice from a set-menu for groups. We will endeavour to meet any specialist dietary requests for any member of your group, but can not guarantee these requests. We accept no liability if our suppliers are unable to meet these requests in advance, or once at the venue. If your group arrives late then we accept no liability.
12. Alterations + Surcharges Applied By Us If due to circumstances beyond our control it becomes necessary to substitute an alternative supplier, or make any other alterations to the event (including accommodation) we shall inform you of the changes as soon as possible. You must pay any additional cost due to such changes. If the changes are, in the view of Sports Travel Guru, so substantial as to materially alter the event and you are unwilling to accept them then you may cancel the event and we will give a refund of the cost of the event to us. Surcharges may be applicable where an event requires a minimum number of participants to proceed, and the group does not meet this minimum number. This could lead to the cancellation of the event of which we are not held responsible and alternatives may be offered of an equal or greater value. If this value is greater, then you must pay us the difference in price. If the final number of a group is an odd number, then a single supplement surcharge will apply if the booking or an event (including accommodation) which is number dependent.
13. Alterations made by You We shall try to accommodate any reasonable changes you wish to make to the event. Alterations and amendment requests should be made with us and not end suppliers and should be made in writing to us by the lead name (email accepted). These changes shall not be deemed accepted until we have confirmed in writing to you. If you wish to increase or decrease the number of persons participating in the event you may do this up to six weeks prior to the date upon which your event is due to start. Amendments after that date will incur our administration charge of £30 per person. Changes such as arrival / departure dates and destination changes will also be subject to our administration charges. We cannot guarantee that the change to the price will be pro-rata, but will depend upon the arrangements we are able to make with our suppliers. Subject to our written agreement you may transfer your booking to a person who satisfies all the conditions applicable to the event.
14. Your Obligations You shall at all times behave in a safe, responsible and courteous manner; comply with all instructions; regulations and codes of practice issued by us or our suppliers; ensure that you comply with all age restrictions imposed by our suppliers; ensure that you comply with all arrival times, and dress appropriately for the event. If you breach these obligations we may cancel or curtail the event or any part of it and in those circumstances you shall not be entitled to any refund. You shall take out insurance suitable for your needs (including delays for events involving travel by land, sea, or air) before the event.
15. Our Obligations We shall take reasonable care and skill in arranging the event and comply with all applicable laws in relation to the event; where ever possible, re-schedule the event instead of cancelling or offer a refund to you of the cost to us of the event. All of the photographs and illustrations we use on our website and in literature (including quotations) we send you are for marketing purposes and may not entirely represent the actual products received.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you are in possession of all necessary travel and health documents before departure. A full and valid passport is required for destinations we feature (including children) and Visas may be required for some destinations. Requirements may change and you must check the up to date position in good time before departure. If you or any member of your party is not a British Citizen or holds a non-British passport, you must check passport and visa requirements with the consulate or Embassy in which you are intending to travel, prior to booking.
We consider adequate travel insurance to be essential. Please read and take it with you on holiday. It is your responsibility to ensure that the insurance cover you purchase is suitable and adequate for your particular needs.
We provide full financial protection for our package holidays, by way of our Travel Trust Association’s membership number Q4675. When you buy an ATOL protected flight or flight inclusive holiday from us you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong. We will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where we aren’t able do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought or a suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable). If we are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Travel Trust Association may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme. If you book arrangements other than a package holiday (e.g. accommodation only), the financial protection referred to above does not apply.
Sports Travel Guru Ltd endeavour to ensure that the most up to date and correct prices are shown on our website. Sports Travel Guru Ltd have the right to raise or lower their prices at any time. Occasionally, an incorrect price may be shown, due to an error. When Sports Travel Guru Ltd become aware of any such error, we will endeavour to notify you at the time of booking (if we are then aware of the mistake) or as soon as reasonably possible. We reserve the right to cancel the booking if you do not wish to accept the price which is actually applicable to the holiday.
18.Paying for your package
All monies you pay to one of our authorised travel agents are held by him on behalf and for the benefit of the Trustees of the Travel Trust Association at all times. This is subject to the agent’s obligation to pay it to us for as long as we do not fail. If we fail, any money held at that time by the agent, or subsequently accepted from you by him, is and continues to be held on behalf of and for the benefit of the of the Trustees of the Travel Trust Association without any obligation to pay that money to us.
19.Credit Card Fraud Contingency
If you do not supply the correct credit or debit card billing address and/or cardholder information, the issue of your tickets may be delayed and the overall cost may increase. We reserve the right to cancel your holiday if payment is declined or if you have supplied incorrect credit card information. We also reserve the right to do random checks (including the electoral roll) in order to minimise credit card fraud. As a result of this, before issuing tickets we may require you to provide us with a fax or postal copy of proof of address, a copy of your credit card and a recent statement.
All payments are processed through World Pay payment gateway and conform to the PCI DSS industry security standards.
20.Customer Feedback/ Complaints If you have a problem whilst on your booking then you must contact the appropriate person(s) at the earliest opportunity, for example accommodation / restaurant manager. Unless there is a valid reason why you did not report your problem to the appropriate person(s), we will not consider ourselves liable for those complaints. If they are unable to resolve matters to your satisfaction then you must write to us within 30 days of the conclusion of the event. No complaint will be accepted outside of this time frame thus deeming you fully satisfied with all aspects of the event and the services we have provided to you. We will acknowledge any correspondence within 10 days and endeavour to deal with the complaint as quickly as possible.
21. Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 No part of this agreement shall confer on any third party any benefit or right to enforce any terms of this agreement.
22. Jurisdiction This agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to deal with any disputes arising between you and us or our suppliers.
The contents of the Web Site are intended for your personal non-commercial use. All materials published on this Web Site (including, but not limited to articles, features, photographs, images, illustrations, audio clips and video clips, also known as the “Content”) are protected by copyright, trademarks or other intellectual property rights and are owned or controlled by Sports Travel Guru Ltd, or the party credited as the provider of the Content. You shall abide by all additional copyright notices, information, or restrictions contained in any Content accessed through this Web Site.
Sports Travel Guru Ltd may also change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Web Site, including the availability of any features, information, database or content or restrict your access to parts or all of the Web Site without notice or liability.
Although Sports Travel Guru make every effort to ensure the accuracy of the website information and pricing, regrettably errors do occasionally occur. You must therefore ensure you check the price and all other details of your chosen arrangements with us at the time of booking
We have purchased tickets on your behalf as part of your package for your chosen event. We cannot guaranteed that seats will be allocated together but we will always endeavour to make this the priority option where possible.
You will receive tickets via email as e-tickets within the final week before your departure, this is because tickets are often not released until a week before the event. If you have any concerns please notify us immediately or if you require tickets to be sent to a different email address please make this clear to us at the earliest opportunity.
25.Data Protection and Privacy
In order to process your booking and meet your requirements, we must pass your personal details on to the relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements. We would also like to hold your information (including any email address), where collected by us, for our own and the Sports Travel Guru Ltd for future marketing purposes (for example, to inform you of promotional/competition offers or to send you our brochure). If you do not wish to receive such approaches in future, please inform us as soon as possible.
25.Changes to these Terms and Conditions We may need to make changes to these terms and conditions. Any changes can only be made by us and not any third party member. We reserve the right to amend or improve these terms and conditions without prior notification. When it is necessary for changes to be made, we will forward you a copy of these changes and all reservations will abide by the amended terms, with the exception of reservations already made.